Home » Race Updates
In an effort to deliver important information to Boilermaker Nation we have temporarily narrowed the navigation of our website to only this Race Updates page.
LAST UPDATED: MAY 1, 2020
The Boilermaker appreciates the support, understanding and patience from each one of you as we've navigated through this unprecedented global challenge.
Please see below for the answers to some frequently asked questions surrounding this years rescheduled Boilermaker Road Race.
- What is the new date for the rescheduled 2020 Boilermaker?
The 2020 Boilermaker has been postponed to Sunday, September 13, 2020. All normal times remain in place.
- I am already registered and plan to participate on September 13. What do I need to do?
Nothing. Those who were registered to participate in the 2020 Boilermaker scheduled for July 12, 2020 will remain as registered participants entered in the 2020 Boilermaker now scheduled for Sunday, September 13, 2020.
- I am already registered, but will be unable to participate on September 13th. What are my options?
- The Boilermaker offered previously registered runners (prior to 4/13/20) multiple options to choose from and between 4/13/20 and 4/30/20 to make their choices.
- As of today (5/1/20), our normal race rules apply.
- I am interested in registering for either the 15K presented by Excellus BlueCross BlueShield or the Utica National 5K now scheduled for 9/13/20. What do I need to know and do?
- Registration for both of these races is now open and you can simply click the "RunSignUp" button above which will take you directly to the RunSignUp registration platform.
- You may register at any time going forward, as long as the races have not capped out.
- We have suspended our tiered pricing programs for 2020, so the 5K will remain at $50 and the 15K will remain at $60 until they each cap out.
- All normal race rules apply.
- Where and when do I get my bib?
We are still working on plans to host a bib pick-up as well as all other traditional events surrounding Boilermaker Weekend. We will communicate with you directly via email to provide you with updated information as soon as possible.
- Can I defer my current registration to next year?
Normal deferral rules apply:
- All deferral requests for both the 5K and 15K races must be made online.
- Deferrals will open at 12 PM on Friday, May 1st.
- Deferrals will close at race starting time.
- Deferred Runners (Runners who requested a deferral to the 2021 race.)
- Must register in 2021.
- Must register at full price in 2021.
- How can I transfer my bib (registration) to another runner?
Normal transfer rules apply:
- A registrant offers their registration to another user, and upon that user's paid registration, the original registrant receives a refund.
- The Transfer Process will open at noon on Friday, May 1st.
- All transfer requests must be made online.
- Transferee (new runner) will incur the cost of the registration fee and a transfer fee unless the transfer is gifted.
- The Transfer Process will close at noon on Friday, August 21st.
- There are no Race Weekend Transfers.
- What happens if you have to cancel the races on this rescheduled date of 9/13/20 due to concerns about COVID-19?
Much like the decision not to proceed in July, should the conditions remain imprudent to proceed in September causing the cancellation of the Boilermaker, registrants will be offered the same and possibly more options that we offered between 4/13/20 & 4/30/20 at that time.
- I still have questions, what do I do?
Please contact email@example.com & be sure to include your first name, last name and a phone number.