Home » Why Run a Virtual Boilermaker?
- MEDALS! For the first time in race history, all 15K virtual runners will receive complimentary finisher's medals. 15K pins are also available for a small fee for those want to keep their pin collections going.
- 5K Pins! 5K runners will continue to receive their pins.
- Pint glass & Bib! Don't leave gaps in your pint glass or bib collection. We will send you your commemorative pint glass and race bib.
- The opportunity to purchase a Viewsport sweat-activated training shirt during registration.
We want to see your "Minimaker". What's a Minimaker? So glad you asked!
A Minimaker is a virtual Boilermaker that can take place anywhere in the world. It can be run in small groups of family and friends and can include makeshift finish lines, water stations, small post-race celebrations and creative and unique courses. We want to see all of it! Document your Minimaker and post it your favorite social media feed with the hashtag #minimaker so that we can share your stories and inspire others to get out, get active and have fun embodying the Boilermaker Spirit.
Not only do we want to share your creative Minimakers, we will also be conducing giveaways for complimentary entries into the 2021 race. To enter, just tag the Boilermaker with your content on Facebook or Instagram and use the hashtag #minimaker. If you don't have social media accounts, send your content to firstname.lastname@example.org. Here are the official Minimaker contests:
- 3 winners for most unique virtual course
- 3 winners for best homemade finish line
- 3 winners for best representing "Boilermaker Spirit" in their virtual run
- Keep your Boilermaker Streak alive.
- Access to exclusive, private Facebook group to connect with virtual runners around the globe.
- Get Priority Access to 2021. The 2021 race is already 25% full from 2020 rollovers. The 2021 field will fill up fast!
- The Boilermaker needs you now. Did you know:
- The Boilermaker operates as a small non-profit organization.
- Throughout its 42 year history, the race has not only grown into a beloved Central New York tradition but one of the nation's premier road racing events, largely because of the community that has embraced it.
- It has become a powerful economic engine that generates up to $10 million for our region annually.
- Outside of the second Sunday in July, the Boilermaker operates a portfolio of events and outreach endeavors such as an urban garden, after-school youth running program, free youth running events, Youth Olympics, college scholarships and a Charity Bib program that has generated more than $600,000 for local charitable causes.
- At the core of all these activities lies the simple but powerful mission of improving and changing lives through physical activity. This is a mission we love and hope to continue for decades to come.