Boilermaker Wheelchaiir Challengers Presented with New Racing Chairs
(Nov. 23, 2011)
November 15, 2011 (New Hartford)– Two new racing wheelchairs were presented to the 2011 Boilermaker Wheelchair Challengers, Anthony Grieco of Utica, and Cody Arnold, of Syracuse. The presentation was held at the Sitrin Medical Rehabilitation Center on Tilden Avenue in New Hartford.
The Wheelchair Challenge is an initiative to promote health and well-being for individuals with disabilities by providing them with an opportunity to experience America's greatest 15K road race, and continue with the sport for years to come. The Challenge requires the participant(s) to complete the Boilermaker in less than two hours and 15 minutes while using a manual wheelchair. If they succeed, they receive a custom-fitted racing wheelchair valued at $2,500. This year's racing wheelchairs were generously donated by Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield, and Sitrin.
Cody Arnold completed the Challenge in 1:15:59, while Anthony Grieco finished in 1:51:53. Grieco is also a member of Sitrin's STARS (Success Through Adaptive Recreation and Sports) program.View Recent Press
- Boilermaker President Steps Down, Search for Successor Under Way
- Boilermaker Urban Initiative Press Opportunities
- Boilermaker Charity Bib Reception Set for Tomorrow
- The Stanley to Host Roast and Toast of Boilermaker President Tim Reed
- Boilermaker Presents Check to United Way
- UFD Wins Boilermaker Police and Firefighter Competition Again
- Registration Information
- MVCC and The Boilermaker celebrate latest renovation of College's Utica campus walking track
- 2016 Sitrin Wheelchair Challenge Winner Receives Racing Wheelchair View More