Boilermaker 15k Sells Out
(Mar. 10, 2012)
Utica N.Y. (March 10, 2012) - The Boilermaker Road Race has set two records before the first person has crossed the finish line. The largest field in the race's 35 year history has registered in the quickest time. In 2011, the first year the race instituted a hard cap on registration, the field of 13,000 was filled on May 14th. In 2012 with an increased field to 14,000 the race was sold out on March 10, fully two months earlier. "I don't think that any of us anticipated the speed in which the race closed out", said Race Director Jim Stasaitis. "This is a testament to the thousands of volunteers and our loyal sponsors who make this a must do race."
The 5k race, with a cap of 4,000, still has slots available, although it is anticipated that it will quickly fill with the closing of 15k registration.
The running of the 35th Boilermaker will take place on Sunday, July 8th 2012.
#####View Recent Press
- Boilermaker President Steps Down, Search for Successor Under Way
- Boilermaker Urban Initiative Press Opportunities
- Boilermaker Charity Bib Reception Set for Tomorrow
- The Stanley to Host Roast and Toast of Boilermaker President Tim Reed
- Boilermaker Presents Check to United Way
- UFD Wins Boilermaker Police and Firefighter Competition Again
- Registration Information
- MVCC and The Boilermaker celebrate latest renovation of College's Utica campus walking track
- 2016 Sitrin Wheelchair Challenge Winner Receives Racing Wheelchair View More