Boilermaker Seeking Your Memories
(Mar. 28, 2012)
March 27, 2012 (Utica, N.Y.) — To help mark the 35th running of the Boilermaker Road Race on Sunday, July 8, race officials are asking all of those — including runners, volunteers and spectators — who have special memories of one or more past Boilermakers to submit them, to be shared in a commemorate section of this year's program book, and on the Boilermaker's website and Facebook page.
"One of the most extraordinary aspects of the Boilermaker is and always has been the experiences of the people who become connected to it, in countless ways," said Tim Reed, executive director. "Everyone has at least one memory of what made or continues to make that experience special, for themselves or those close to them. Our 35th anniversary provides a great opportunity to collect as many of those memories as possible and make them part of the Boilermaker's legacy."
Reed said memories can be submitted via e-mail, to firstname.lastname@example.org; Facebook, www.facebook.com/boilermaker15k; or even mailed to: Boilermaker Road Race, P.O. Box 512, Utica, NY 13503. He said photos that illustrate the memory are welcome and encouraged, as is a phone number for follow-up contact. The deadline for submissions to be included in the 2012 program book is Monday, April 9th.
View Recent Press
- Boilermaker President Steps Down, Search for Successor Under Way
- Boilermaker Urban Initiative Press Opportunities
- Boilermaker Charity Bib Reception Set for Tomorrow
- The Stanley to Host Roast and Toast of Boilermaker President Tim Reed
- Boilermaker Presents Check to United Way
- UFD Wins Boilermaker Police and Firefighter Competition Again
- Registration Information
- MVCC and The Boilermaker celebrate latest renovation of College's Utica campus walking track
- 2016 Sitrin Wheelchair Challenge Winner Receives Racing Wheelchair View More