Boilermaker Reaches Out To Local Bands
(Apr. 17, 2012)
April 17, 2012 (Utica NY) - In an effort to expand the entertainment at the Post Race Party on July 8th the Boilermaker will be adding a local opening act.
"With the moving up of the 5k starting time last year from 7:30 to 7:15 am we saw more runners arriving at the Post Race venue earlier" said Post Race Party Director Tom Heiland."This is an opportunity to offer more to our participants."
The chosen band will play for the audience from 8:00-9:00 am. While this is an unpaid performance it is expected to give the chosen band the opportunity to showcase their talent.
"We are excited to give a local band the chance to perform at the biggest event in our community said Sarah Marris, who is coordinating the effort." We will be looking for a band that plays music that is enjoyable to a diverse audience."
Eligible bands should be located within a fifty five mile radius from Utica.
Bands interested in being considered should email Sarah Marris at: firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
The 35th running of the Boilermaker Road Race will take place on July 8, 2012. A combined total of 18,000 runners will participate in this year's 5& 15k races.
- Boilermaker President Steps Down, Search for Successor Under Way
- Boilermaker Urban Initiative Press Opportunities
- Boilermaker Charity Bib Reception Set for Tomorrow
- The Stanley to Host Roast and Toast of Boilermaker President Tim Reed
- Boilermaker Presents Check to United Way
- UFD Wins Boilermaker Police and Firefighter Competition Again
- Registration Information
- MVCC and The Boilermaker celebrate latest renovation of College's Utica campus walking track
- 2016 Sitrin Wheelchair Challenge Winner Receives Racing Wheelchair View More