A Day of Magic at the Boilermaker Expo
(Jun. 30, 2012)
June 30, 2012 (Utica, NY) - Adding to the traditional Boilermaker magic at the Expo will be back-to-back shows by the two of the top performers from our community. Illusionist Leon Etienne and Mentalist Robert Channing will be giving free shows on Saturday July 7th at the MVCC Theater located in the college's IT building. Leon's show will commence at 10:00 a.m. followed at 11:30 a.m. by Robert Channing. Seats for both shows will be available on a first come, first serve basis. Doors will open at 9:30 a.m..
"I'm excited to be performing right after the Kid's Run" said Leon. "It makes it easy for kids and their parents to stay and catch my show." Leon will be performing 'street magic' on Friday afternoon to entertain people registering for the Utica National Kid's Run. Registration will be taking place from noon- 3:00 p.m. at the Alumni College Center.
"To have performers of the caliber of Robert and Leon at the Expo really enhances the whole atmosphere of the event" said Boilermaker Expo Director Chris DelMonte. "That these shows are being offered free to the public should guarantee that will be completely filled.
Robert Channing has been featured on NBC, CBS, and the Fox Network and has performed for corporations such as AT&T, General Mills, and 3M.
Leon Etienne has brought his show around the world and is locally noted for correctly predicting the male and female winners of the 2011 Boilermaker as well as their finishing times down to the second prior to the running.
The Boilermaker Expo, sponsored by Planet Fitness will take place at the Mohawk Valley Community College Utica Campus July 6th and 7th.
- Boilermaker President Steps Down, Search for Successor Under Way
- Boilermaker Urban Initiative Press Opportunities
- Boilermaker Charity Bib Reception Set for Tomorrow
- The Stanley to Host Roast and Toast of Boilermaker President Tim Reed
- Boilermaker Presents Check to United Way
- UFD Wins Boilermaker Police and Firefighter Competition Again
- Registration Information
- MVCC and The Boilermaker celebrate latest renovation of College's Utica campus walking track
- 2016 Sitrin Wheelchair Challenge Winner Receives Racing Wheelchair View More