Boilermaker Reveals Field Totals & Logo for 2013 Race
(Dec. 10, 2012)
December 10 (Utica, NY) - The Boilermaker announced the race cap numbers for the 2013 race. The 15k race will remain at 14,000, while the 5k will increase of 500 runners for a total of 4,500.
"We have had a number of meetings with Directors who deal with various aspects of the race to arrive at the number" said Race Director Jim Stasaitis "We want to give as many people as possible the chance to run the race while maintaining the quality people expect."
Runners can register on line beginning Saturday January 12th at boilermaker.com.
In 2011 the 15k race opened registration on January 7th and was sold out on March 10th; the 5k closed out on March 21st. "We expect both races to close even faster this year," said President Tim Reed.
Registration fees for the 15k will be $40 with the 5k at $30, and the Three Mile Walk application at $15. In an effort to be green applications will only be taken online.
For the second year the Boilermaker reached out to Mohawk Valley Community College students to design the 2013 logo.
The winning logo was created by Micaela Altieria sophomore student majoring in the Graphic Arts.
"To have the opportunity to showcase the talents of our local students under the Boilermaker umbrella is simply fantastic:" said Scott Selden, Associate Professor of Art. " It has been a great opportunity to take on a 'real world' project in an academic setting."
- Boilermaker President Steps Down, Search for Successor Under Way
- Boilermaker Urban Initiative Press Opportunities
- Boilermaker Charity Bib Reception Set for Tomorrow
- The Stanley to Host Roast and Toast of Boilermaker President Tim Reed
- Boilermaker Presents Check to United Way
- UFD Wins Boilermaker Police and Firefighter Competition Again
- Registration Information
- MVCC and The Boilermaker celebrate latest renovation of College's Utica campus walking track
- 2016 Sitrin Wheelchair Challenge Winner Receives Racing Wheelchair View More