Bond Bags Boilermaker Award
(Jun. 12, 2013)
June 11, 2013 (Utica, NY) - Stephen Bond, reporter for WUTR, received the Les Diven Award at the final Boilermaker Committee Meeting held at ECR International
The award, given in Les's name, is presented to someone in the media who gives exceptional coverage to the race and its connection to the community.
Les Diven was a local sport writer whose career spanned four decades. Always wanting to get the story right, Les made it his special commitment to tell the stories of our local athletes. Les knew that the stories of these individuals in the end reflected on the greater story of our area.
Bond, a graduate of Onondaga Community College and Ithaca College where he received a degree in Video Production from the Park School of Communications, planted his feet in the Mohawk Valley to start his work in the news industry.
"Given that I cover news and sports, I really get to see everything this community has to offer. Our community is unique and I enjoy that" said Bond. "The list of previous winner is a distinguished group and I'm privileged to join that group."
Runners, volunteers and community members can look for Bond at this year's event. He will be there with microphone in hand, his camera rolling and that unforgettable excitement as he tells the story of the 2013 Boilermaker Road Race!
The 36th running of the Boilermaker will take place Sunday July 14, 2013
- Boilermaker President Steps Down, Search for Successor Under Way
- Boilermaker Urban Initiative Press Opportunities
- Boilermaker Charity Bib Reception Set for Tomorrow
- The Stanley to Host Roast and Toast of Boilermaker President Tim Reed
- Boilermaker Presents Check to United Way
- UFD Wins Boilermaker Police and Firefighter Competition Again
- Registration Information
- MVCC and The Boilermaker celebrate latest renovation of College's Utica campus walking track
- 2016 Sitrin Wheelchair Challenge Winner Receives Racing Wheelchair View More