MILERS TO JUMPSTART BOILERMAKER ACTIVITIES
(Jun. 19, 2013)
June 19, 2013 (Utica NY)-The Time Warner Road Runner Mile, a mid-distance race showcasing some of the local top scholastic and post-collegiate milers, will again kick off the first of many Boilermaker athletic activities.
This year the race will be held Wednesday July 3rd at 5:30 pm prior to the Development Runs on the Parkway.
This marks the third year the course will sport a faster, primarily downhill, course.
Former Marcellus standout and current Iona College runner Chris Stogsdill who holds the overall course record running a blistering 4:05 has committed on the male side. Defending College/ Open Field winner Allison Lasnicki who ran for Canastota and now U Conn will also return.
"This could be the year we see a sub-four minute mile on the male side and a sub-five minute on the female side" said Gary Parker, race director of the Road Runner Mile. "The commitment of Chris and Allison to participate speaks volumes about the quality of this event."
Spectators are strongly encouraged to come and cheer on the participants. "We manage to get people to line nearly the entire 9.3 miles of the Boilermaker" said Tim Reed, executive director of the Boilermaker. "Wouldn't it be great to have people along the entire Road Runner course?"
Because of race preparation and road closures the upper parking area near the Parkway Rec. Center will not be available for the Developmental Run.
The Road Runner Mile is traditionally an invitation only event. However, runners who feel they can compete at a competitive level should contact either Ted Petrillo at firstname.lastname@example.org or Gary Parker at email@example.com no later than June 24th.
The 36th running of the Boilermaker Road Race will take place in Utica N.Y. on Sunday July 14, 2013.
- Boilermaker President Steps Down, Search for Successor Under Way
- Boilermaker Urban Initiative Press Opportunities
- Boilermaker Charity Bib Reception Set for Tomorrow
- The Stanley to Host Roast and Toast of Boilermaker President Tim Reed
- Boilermaker Presents Check to United Way
- UFD Wins Boilermaker Police and Firefighter Competition Again
- Registration Information
- MVCC and The Boilermaker celebrate latest renovation of College's Utica campus walking track
- 2016 Sitrin Wheelchair Challenge Winner Receives Racing Wheelchair View More