Charity Runners Overtake Goal
(Jul. 12, 2013)
July 11, 2013(Utica, NY) - The inaugural of the Boilermaker Charity Bib Program has proven to be a huge success.
For the 2013 race the Boilermaker designated 200 bibs to support local charities. These bibs were usable for the 15k, 5k races or 3 Mile Walk. In order for a runner to qualify for a charity bib they committed to raise a minimum of $500 to one of the ten charities of choice. The race had hoped to raise $100,000. One hundred and sixty one runners signed up to participate in the Charity Bib Program.
The total at the end of bib availability $101,629 was raised by charity runners representing an average pledge of $630 per runner.
'The combination of fantastic fundraising and simply incredible stories of courage and determination have made this effort one of the proudest moments for the Boilermaker' said Tim Reed, president of the Boilermaker Road Race. 'We are committed to this program for future races.'
Prizes will be awarded for the top three overall fundraisers as well as a drawing for prizes for all who participated.
Donations can still be given to the various charities by visiting boilermaker.com and clicking the Charity Bib icon.
The 36th running of the Boilermaker Road Race will take place on July 14, 2013 in Utica, NY.
- Boilermaker President Steps Down, Search for Successor Under Way
- Boilermaker Urban Initiative Press Opportunities
- Boilermaker Charity Bib Reception Set for Tomorrow
- The Stanley to Host Roast and Toast of Boilermaker President Tim Reed
- Boilermaker Presents Check to United Way
- UFD Wins Boilermaker Police and Firefighter Competition Again
- Registration Information
- MVCC and The Boilermaker celebrate latest renovation of College's Utica campus walking track
- 2016 Sitrin Wheelchair Challenge Winner Receives Racing Wheelchair View More