Charity Bib Celebrates Success
(Aug. 18, 2014)
August 6, 2014 (Utica, NY) - The F.X. Matt 1888 Tavern, overlooking the Boilermaker Finish line, was a fitting venue for the Boilermaker Charity Bib Finale. Eleven local not for profits were the recipients of 200 Boilermaker racing slots for this year's race that were made available to runners raising a minimum of $500 for one of the agencies. The cumulative total of all the funds raised was nearly $141,000. In two years the Charity Bib Program has raised nearly a quarter of a million dollars. Thirty one runners raised over $1,000 gaining them entry to the finale event.
'The Charity Bib Program is clearly one of the centerpieces of the Boilermaker as a positive change-agent within our community' said Tim Reed, president of the Boilermaker. 'This initiative will only get bigger thanks to these fantastic participants.'
One of the charitable organizations in this year's class was United Cerebral Palsy. 'The pledges that our amazing runners raised will benefit children at United Cerebral Palsy by increasing physical activity options' said Kathy Hartnett, vice president of community development.' We will be installing exercise equipment for adaptive functioning as well as building walking trails.'
Other charities involved in this year's Charity Bib Program are: Masonic Medical Research Lab, CNY Veterans Outreach Center, Food Bank of CNY, Central Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired, Make-A-Wish, Friends of the ARC Foundation, ACR Health, CNY Susan B. Komen for the Cure, Sitrin Health Care Center and Juvenile Diabetes of CNY.
####View Recent Press
- Boilermaker President Steps Down, Search for Successor Under Way
- Boilermaker Urban Initiative Press Opportunities
- Boilermaker Charity Bib Reception Set for Tomorrow
- The Stanley to Host Roast and Toast of Boilermaker President Tim Reed
- Boilermaker Presents Check to United Way
- UFD Wins Boilermaker Police and Firefighter Competition Again
- Registration Information
- MVCC and The Boilermaker celebrate latest renovation of College's Utica campus walking track
- 2016 Sitrin Wheelchair Challenge Winner Receives Racing Wheelchair View More