Boilermaker Previews 2015 Charity Bib Program
(Dec. 3, 2014)
The Boilermaker Road Race Committee has announced that they will once again offer the Charity Bib Program during the 2015 race to not-for-profit agencies in Central New York that meet the requirements and best match the mission of wellness in the community. The Charity Bib Program registration will open Tuesday March 3, 2015.
This is before open registration that begins on March 21st.
New this year to the successful program that raised over $141,000 in 2014 for 11 agencies, is a fund raising platform called CrowdRise. Any 501c3 wishing to participate will be required to subscribe to this online resource in order to collect the $500 minimum pledge per bib.
"Crowdrise is a proven entity in event fundraising handling races such as the Boston and New York City Marathons," said Tim Reed, president of the Boilermaker. "We are confident that Crowdrise's involvement will be a huge benefit for our charity runners."
Also new in 2015, the Boilermaker Road Race will increase the number of bibs donated, giving out 250 total bibs with a maximum of 25 bibs per agency.
Applications for agencies interested in applying for Charity Bibs will be made available on January 7, 2015 at a two hour mandatory instructional meeting to be held at the Boilermaker offices in Utica at both 1pm and 4pm. Applications will be due on January 28, 2015.
Final selection of agencies will take place on February 21, 2015 and be announced to the public at that time.
Not-for-profit agencies in Central New York interested in participating in the 2015 Boilermaker Charity Bib Program should email firstname.lastname@example.org no later than December 31, 2014 to reserve their seat at this mandatory meeting.
The 38th running of the Boilermaker Road Race will take place Sunday July 12, 2015.View Recent Press
- Boilermaker President Steps Down, Search for Successor Under Way
- Boilermaker Urban Initiative Press Opportunities
- Boilermaker Charity Bib Reception Set for Tomorrow
- The Stanley to Host Roast and Toast of Boilermaker President Tim Reed
- Boilermaker Presents Check to United Way
- UFD Wins Boilermaker Police and Firefighter Competition Again
- Registration Information
- MVCC and The Boilermaker celebrate latest renovation of College's Utica campus walking track
- 2016 Sitrin Wheelchair Challenge Winner Receives Racing Wheelchair View More