Boilermaker and Birnie Bus Announce 5k Start Line Shuttle
(Jun. 23, 2015)
The Boilermaker Road Race announced that, for the first time, there will be shuttle service to the Start Line of the Boilermaker 5K Race. Birnie Bus, official transportation partner of the Boilermaker, will shuttle participants from the parking lot of CONMED located off French Road to near the Start Line on Burrstone Road.
"We are excited to be able to offer this service to our runners" said Tim Reed, president of the Boilermaker Road Race. Thanks to the support of Birnie Bus and CONMED we are able to offer our participants a safe and comfortable way to access the 5K Start Line".
Buses will commence transporting runners from the CONMED west parking lot at 5:30 AM and end service at 6:45 AM.
The 5K Race begins at 7:15 AM.
Participants of the 5K race will be sent directions via email as well as posted on boilermaker.com.
Discharging runners from the Utica North-South Arterial is strictly prohibited.
Birnie Bus Shuttle service from the Post Race Party will be available back to CONMED beginning proximately 9:00 AM and ending at approximately 1:00 PM.
"Birnie Bus Service continues to be a long standing partner of the Boilermaker Road Race as well as a proven performer in getting 15K runners to the start line," said Tim Birnie, President of Birnie Bus Service, "This is another opportunity to enhance the runner's race day experience."
The 38th running of the Boilermaker Road Race will take place on Sunday July 12, 2015View Recent Press
- Boilermaker President Steps Down, Search for Successor Under Way
- Boilermaker Urban Initiative Press Opportunities
- Boilermaker Charity Bib Reception Set for Tomorrow
- The Stanley to Host Roast and Toast of Boilermaker President Tim Reed
- Boilermaker Presents Check to United Way
- UFD Wins Boilermaker Police and Firefighter Competition Again
- Registration Information
- MVCC and The Boilermaker celebrate latest renovation of College's Utica campus walking track
- 2016 Sitrin Wheelchair Challenge Winner Receives Racing Wheelchair View More