Excellus Confers Corporate Cup Awards
(Jul. 30, 2015)
The F.X. Matt 1888 Tavern was the location of the annual Boilermaker Corporate Cup awards. This year makes the 32nd anniversary of the Corporate Cup which is sponsored by Excellus BlueCross BlueShield. "This event totally fits within our corporate strategy of promoting fitness" said Eve Van de Wal, regional president of Excellus. "It's obvious that the promotion of healthy competition has brought out the best in these organizations."
A total of 63 teams representing nearly 700 runners competed in the event. The top three teams in each of nine divisions received plaques.
In addition, a drawing was held to award three, five hundred dollar ($500) donations to not for profits nominated by individual corporate cup teams.
The winning charities were:
- Rome Rescue Mission nominated by the City of Rome team.
- United Way of the Valley and Greater Utica Area nominated by the Office of the State Comptroller team.
- Kelberman Center nominated by the Lockheed Martin Syracuse/Utica team.
"The Corporate Cup teams demonstrate that businesses are running well, at least in the in the Boilermaker!" said Cosmo Castellano, the corporate cup coordinator. "It is terrific to see our teams return year after year for healthy competition. The not for profit awards really take this event to another level."
Fastest overall runners were Elizabeth Matthews (Excellus BCBS) who clocked in at 01:02:01, while Caleb Edmonds (Bassett Medical Center) finished in 00:48:22.
The fastest overall team was AXA Equitable which competed in the Open Division, and posted a team time of 01:00:45.
Complete results can be found at: http://www.boilermaker-corpcup.com/res2015/ccup_results.htmlView Recent Press
- Boilermaker President Steps Down, Search for Successor Under Way
- Boilermaker Urban Initiative Press Opportunities
- Boilermaker Charity Bib Reception Set for Tomorrow
- The Stanley to Host Roast and Toast of Boilermaker President Tim Reed
- Boilermaker Presents Check to United Way
- UFD Wins Boilermaker Police and Firefighter Competition Again
- Registration Information
- MVCC and The Boilermaker celebrate latest renovation of College's Utica campus walking track
- 2016 Sitrin Wheelchair Challenge Winner Receives Racing Wheelchair View More