West Utica OktoberFarmFest Announced
(Oct. 5, 2015)
A celebration of Fall, and its food harvest, will be taking place in West Utica.
Called the OktoberFarmFest the event will feature local farmers, crafters and activities: it will be taking place Thursday, October 22nd from Noon ‐ 6:00 pm next to the Shoppes at the Finish Line at 809 Court Street, across from the F.X. Matt Brewery.
The market is a collaboration of The Shoppes at the Finish Line, Cornell Cooperative Extension, Eat Smart New York, the Veterans Outreach Center and the Boilermaker Road Race.
EBT- Snap cards will be accepted by food vendors.
"We look forward to offering this market on a more frequent basis in 2016," said Sue Keller, manager of The Shoppes at the Finish Line. "There is clearly a need to get fresh produce in our neighborhood."
West Utica has been identified as a 'food desert', meaning a community that does not have easy access to fresh, healthy and affordable food.
"The idea of getting nutritious fruits and vegetables into our area fits into the mission of the Boilermaker to promote health and wellnesses," said Tim Reed, president of the Boilermaker Road Race. "We are excited to hope to expand the offerings including nutritional and health-related programming next year."
To learn more or to become a vendor contact Sue Keller at email@example.com.View Recent Press
- Boilermaker President Steps Down, Search for Successor Under Way
- Boilermaker Urban Initiative Press Opportunities
- Boilermaker Charity Bib Reception Set for Tomorrow
- The Stanley to Host Roast and Toast of Boilermaker President Tim Reed
- Boilermaker Presents Check to United Way
- UFD Wins Boilermaker Police and Firefighter Competition Again
- Registration Information
- MVCC and The Boilermaker celebrate latest renovation of College's Utica campus walking track
- 2016 Sitrin Wheelchair Challenge Winner Receives Racing Wheelchair View More