Boilermaker Boosts Finley Funds
(Feb. 23, 2016)
The Boilermaker Road Race presented a $2,000 check to Cure CMD in honor of Finley Sanchez.
Finley, now three years old, was born with Congenital Muscular Dystrophy (CMD) a disease that attacks a child's muscular system. At present there is no cure.
The funds were generated from the proceeds of the 2015 Walmart 3 Mile Walk held the Saturday of Boilermaker Weekend.
In addition, the Sanchez family created a 'Footsteps for Finley' CrowdRise page to fund research on CMD: that page raised over $31,000.
"Finley, and his story, certainly put pep in the steps of our participants of the walk" said Marie Seiselmyer, 3 Mile Walk Coordinator. "Having Finley at the walk really put a face to the need to eradicate this terrible disease: he became our child."
Finley will again be the recipient of the proceeds for the 3 Mile Walk in 2016.
"It was such a blessing to have Cure CMD chosen as the official charity of the walk" said Finley's mother, Ashley. "We were Finley's legs as he filled our hearts."
- Boilermaker President Steps Down, Search for Successor Under Way
- Boilermaker Urban Initiative Press Opportunities
- Boilermaker Charity Bib Reception Set for Tomorrow
- The Stanley to Host Roast and Toast of Boilermaker President Tim Reed
- Boilermaker Presents Check to United Way
- UFD Wins Boilermaker Police and Firefighter Competition Again
- Registration Information
- MVCC and The Boilermaker celebrate latest renovation of College's Utica campus walking track
- 2016 Sitrin Wheelchair Challenge Winner Receives Racing Wheelchair View More