Public Market Arrives in West Utica
(Jun. 6, 2016)
The long-awaited West Utica Public Market (WUPM) will be opening for the season on Tuesday June 7th. The market, which will take place on Tuesdays from 3:30-6:30 PM, behind the Boilermaker offices on Court Street and will feature a variety of products from local farmers.
"West Utica has been classified as a food desert" said Rebecca Spataro-Kearns, WUPM manager. "This is a great opportunity to offer access to fresh, affordable, produce to a neighborhood in need."
EBT/ SNAP cards will be honored.
Weekly acoustic entertainment will be offered, as well as free education sessions dealing with nutrition, wellness and financial fitness.
GPO Credit Union is the Presenting Sponsor of WUPM. "We are delighted to be a part of this important initiative," said Gary Roback, executive vice president of member services. "GPO is all about making a positive change within our community."View Recent Press
- Boilermaker President Steps Down, Search for Successor Under Way
- Boilermaker Urban Initiative Press Opportunities
- Boilermaker Charity Bib Reception Set for Tomorrow
- The Stanley to Host Roast and Toast of Boilermaker President Tim Reed
- Boilermaker Presents Check to United Way
- UFD Wins Boilermaker Police and Firefighter Competition Again
- Registration Information
- MVCC and The Boilermaker celebrate latest renovation of College's Utica campus walking track
- 2016 Sitrin Wheelchair Challenge Winner Receives Racing Wheelchair View More