Boilermaker Announces 2017 Charity Bib Partners, Run for U Campaign
(Mar. 1, 2017)
The Boilermaker Road Race held a press conference this morning to introduce its 2017 Charity Bib partners. The following charitable organizations were selected from a pool of applicants: Midtown Utica Community Center, The Root Farm, Masonic Care Community, Griffin's Guardians, The Joseph Michael Chubbuck Foundation, Make-A-Wish of Central New York, Sitrin Health Care Center, Central New York Veterans' Outreach Center, The Food Bank of Central New York, and The Salvation Army. Since its inception in 2013, the Charity Bib Program has raised $500,000 for area non-profits.
The Boilermaker also took the opportunity to introduce its new Run for U campaign. During 2017 race registration, runners will be offered an opportunity to make a donation of their choice to the campaign. All funds raised by the Run for U campaign will serve the Boilermaker Urban Initiative, the organization's outreach arm. The Boilermaker Urban Garden and Boilermaker Public Market are two examples of the Urban Initiative that were jumpstarted in 2016, with more programs in development.
These announcements were made by the Boilermaker's new Community Outreach Coordinator, Rebecca Spataro-Kearns. Kearns' hiring and the rollout of the campaign are indications of the Boilermaker's serious commitment to using its platform to be much more than the race in July, but a year-round change agent for health and wellness in the community.
The 40th running of the Boilermaker Road Race will take place on Sunday, July 9th, 2017.View Recent Press
- Boilermaker President Steps Down, Search for Successor Under Way
- Boilermaker Urban Initiative Press Opportunities
- Boilermaker Charity Bib Reception Set for Tomorrow
- The Stanley to Host Roast and Toast of Boilermaker President Tim Reed
- Boilermaker Presents Check to United Way
- UFD Wins Boilermaker Police and Firefighter Competition Again
- Registration Information
- MVCC and The Boilermaker celebrate latest renovation of College's Utica campus walking track
- 2016 Sitrin Wheelchair Challenge Winner Receives Racing Wheelchair View More