Boilermaker Announces Boolermaker at the Utica Zoo
(Sep. 18, 2017)
The Boilermaker Road Race will conduct a free kids fun run at the Utica Zoo on Saturday, October 14th at 10am for children aged 4-12. The Boolermaker at the Utica Zoo is a Halloween themed event which takes inspiration from the original Boolermaker that the organization conducted in October 2014 and 2015 on the grounds of the Masonic Care Community.
Participation in the Boolermaker is free and includes admission for one adult and one child to the Utica Zoo, redeemable at any time as well as a runner gift bag. Discounted tickets will also be available for purchase at the Utica Zoo box office on race morning for additional family members.
Check-in will begin at 9am on race morning. Free parking will be available in the Utica Zoo parking lot where participants will be directed to the check-in table and through the zoo to the run staging area. The run itself will be held on Master Garden Way, affording great views of Utica and the Mohawk Valley. There will be family-friendly activities before the run begins, promptly at 10am.
The Boolermaker at the Utica Zoo is a part of the Boilermaker Urban Initiative, the race's community outreach arm. It is made possible through the support of corporate partners O'Brien and Gere and The Paige Group.
"The success of the Boilermaker is due to the loyalty and passion of our community. The Boolermaker and the overall Boilermaker Urban Initiative are our way of giving back and making our city a healthier place." said Boilermaker Community Outreach Director, Rebecca Kearns. "The Boilermaker takes its role as change agent very seriously and you'll be hearing much more about the Boilermaker Urban Initiative and its programs in the years to come."
For more information or to register, visit boilermaker.com. The field will be capped at 200 participants.
The 41st running of the Boilermaker Road Race will take place on Sunday, July 8th, 2018.View Recent Press
- Boilermaker President Steps Down, Search for Successor Under Way
- Boilermaker Urban Initiative Press Opportunities
- Boilermaker Charity Bib Reception Set for Tomorrow
- The Stanley to Host Roast and Toast of Boilermaker President Tim Reed
- Boilermaker Presents Check to United Way
- UFD Wins Boilermaker Police and Firefighter Competition Again
- Registration Information
- MVCC and The Boilermaker celebrate latest renovation of College's Utica campus walking track
- 2016 Sitrin Wheelchair Challenge Winner Receives Racing Wheelchair View More