Boilermaker Open Registration Begins Saturday
(Mar. 15, 2018)
As of Thursday morning, following a week of Priority Registration, the Boilermaker 15K presented by Excellus BlueCross BlueShield has 6,373 registered runners while the Carbone 5K stands at 1,529 registrants. The caps for these races are 14,500 and 4,500 respectively. The Priority Registration period is an eight day window for qualified runners and deferrals from the previous year to register with a guaranteed spot in the race. This window will close at 12pm on Friday, March 16th. Registration will remain closed for a 24-hour period and then Open Registration for the general public will begin at 12pm on Saturday, March 17th.
The rate of 2018 registrations are on schedule with last year and Boilermaker officials expect the 15K and 5K fields to be more than half full by the start of open registration. Once the race reaches capacity a first-come first-served waiting list will go into effect.
"Since we introduced the priority system, the urgency of registration has dwindled but so has the anxiety surrounding the whole process. We feel that this is a more equitable procedure for our returning runners," said Boilermaker Race Director, Jim Stasaitis. "However, the race still caps out so our message to all prospective runners remains the same. Don't wait."
The 41st running of the Boilermaker Road Race will take place on Sunday, July 8th, 2018. The Boilermaker Road Race is a member of the PRRO Circuit.View Recent Press
- Boilermaker President Steps Down, Search for Successor Under Way
- Boilermaker Urban Initiative Press Opportunities
- Boilermaker Charity Bib Reception Set for Tomorrow
- The Stanley to Host Roast and Toast of Boilermaker President Tim Reed
- Boilermaker Presents Check to United Way
- UFD Wins Boilermaker Police and Firefighter Competition Again
- Registration Information
- MVCC and The Boilermaker celebrate latest renovation of College's Utica campus walking track
- 2016 Sitrin Wheelchair Challenge Winner Receives Racing Wheelchair View More