Boilermaker to Award Ted Petrillo Scholarships to Local Athletes Wednesday
(May. 15, 2018)
On Wednesday, May 16th at 8am the Boilermaker Road Race will host a breakfast at race headquarters at 805 Court Street in Utica to celebrate and award scholarships to four graduating high school runners. Scholarships are presented to one male and one female runner for Outstanding Achievement in Distance Running and one male and one female runner for Outstanding Commitment to Distance Running. Each scholarship is worth $1,500.
The 2018 Boilermaker Scholarship recipients also receive a free race registration and have the privilege of being seeded within the elite running corral. The 2018 recipients are Andrew Ford of Clinton, Ryan Brooks of New Hartford, Hali Ielfield of South Lewis and Cheyenne Shoemaker of Holland Patent.
The scholarships are named after Ted Petrillo, a long-time Boilermaker volunteer who passed away last year and 2017 recipient of the Peter DeStefano Volunteer of the Year Award.
"There is ample opportunity for the Comets to partner with the Boilermaker, and this is a great first step in that direction," said Cecelie Pikus, VP of Marketing for the Utica Comets. "We're excited to incorporate the Adirondack Bank Center into the Erie Canal Race, and to see what the future holds for the partnership."
The 41st running of the Boilermaker Road Race will take place on Sunday, July 8th, 2018.View Recent Press
- Boilermaker President Steps Down, Search for Successor Under Way
- Boilermaker Urban Initiative Press Opportunities
- Boilermaker Charity Bib Reception Set for Tomorrow
- The Stanley to Host Roast and Toast of Boilermaker President Tim Reed
- Boilermaker Presents Check to United Way
- UFD Wins Boilermaker Police and Firefighter Competition Again
- Registration Information
- MVCC and The Boilermaker celebrate latest renovation of College's Utica campus walking track
- 2016 Sitrin Wheelchair Challenge Winner Receives Racing Wheelchair View More