More Than 300 Participate in Bank of America Youth Olympics
(Jul. 13, 2018)
More than 300 young athletes from the city of Utica flocked to T.R. Proctor Park on the morning of Thursday, July 12th to participate in the Bank of America Youth Olympics. Now in its 18th year, the Youth Olympics are a joint partnership between the Boilermaker Road Race, City of Utica Youth Bureau and title sponsor, Bank of America, which also provides volunteers who help to coordinate the events.
The event opened with a friendly basketball shooting competition between Bank of America Market President Mike Brunner, Boilermaker President Mark Donovan and local basketball star Emily Durr who owns the Section III Girls' Basketball scoring record and went on to play Division I basketball at Iowa State. In the surprise of the morning Brunner edged Durr in the final round by a score of 5 – 4.
During his address to the crowd, Brunner shared his own simple recipe for personal success, "Focus on self-improvement, be kind and have fun."
Participants then competed in events ranging from jump-rope to Frisbee Golf, Home-Run Derby and Kickball, all in the name of friendly competition and camaraderie. The event concluded in an awards ceremony with participants receiving gift cards and medals.
The 41st running of the Boilermaker Road Race took place on Sunday, July 8th, 2018.View Recent Press
- Boilermaker President Steps Down, Search for Successor Under Way
- Boilermaker Urban Initiative Press Opportunities
- Boilermaker Charity Bib Reception Set for Tomorrow
- The Stanley to Host Roast and Toast of Boilermaker President Tim Reed
- Boilermaker Presents Check to United Way
- UFD Wins Boilermaker Police and Firefighter Competition Again
- Registration Information
- MVCC and The Boilermaker celebrate latest renovation of College's Utica campus walking track
- 2016 Sitrin Wheelchair Challenge Winner Receives Racing Wheelchair View More