Boilermaker Introduces Inaugural Ambassador Program
Dec. 18, 2018
The Boilermaker is looking for a select group of Boilermaker enthusiasts with a flair for social media to become the inaugural class of Boilermaker Ambassadors coinciding with the 2019 race.
Boilermaker Ambassadors will share with the world via their social media platforms and blogs, all of their experiences with the Boilermaker beginning in February and running through July 2019. Selected Ambassadors will be announced in early February 2019 and will receive exclusive perks in exchange for fulfilling specific obligations which are listed below.
- One complimentary entry into the 2019 Boilermaker 15K or 5K
- Official 2019 Boilermaker apparel
- A place on the 2019 Boilermaker Committee
- Invitation to Boilermaker VIP Reception for Ambassador and one guest
- Invitation to the VIP Brunch, at the Saranac Post Race Party, for Ambassador and one guest
- Opportunity to win "2019 Top Ambassador Award"
- Complimentary brick in Boilermaker Square Park
- Share your Boilermaker training experiences, thoughts on Boilermaker apparel, committee gatherings and recap your race experience on your personal social media and/or blogging platforms (1-2 posts per week) beginning in February 2019 and running through July.
- Ambassadors must agree to remain in contact with the Boilermaker throughout the program and participate in kickoff planning sessions.
- Ambassadors must agree to cooperate and collaborate on specific posting requests
- Ambassadors must be willing to make their social media profiles public or, at least, their Boilermaker-related posts
"Over 41 years, the Boilermaker has provided unique experiences to more than 300,000 participants. The advent of social media allows people to share their experiences to the wired world on a 24/7 basis," said Boilermaker President, Mark Donovan. "Today's participant places a high value on his or her personal experiences and they use social media to enhance their experiences and seek out new ones. The Boilermaker Ambassador program marries those together to create a positive engagement experience for all."
Boilermaker officials ask that interested parties visit the Boilermaker website to learn more about the new Ambassador Program or to apply. The deadline for applications is Friday, January 11th, 2019.
The 42nd running of the Boilermaker Road Race will take place on Sunday, July 14th, 2019.