American Idol to Rock the Boilermaker Course
(Jun. 26, 2012)
Utica, NY (June 27, 2012) - Entertainment along the Boilermaker course got kicked up a notch with the announcement that American Idol semi-finalist Nikki McKibbin will be performing. Nikki ended up finishing in third place in the first season of American Idol in which Kelly Clarkson was the ultimate winner. Most recently Nikki was on the fifth season of Celebrity Rehab and Fear Factor. In 2011 Ms. McKibbin released two singles "Made It" and "Celebrity High."
The addition of an American Idol was the brainchild of Kelly Yacco the creator of the "Run to the Drums' drum line that has entertained runners over the past two years. "Every year I'm trying to be more creative on how to enhance the runner's experience" said Mr. Yacco. "Nikki will definitely rock the road."
Ms. McKibbin will be performing at the corner of Champlain Avenue and Whitesboro Street in conjunction with the drum line. Participants of both the 5k and 15k races will pass by the McKibbin/ drum line group.
"I think the location is ideal" said Jim Stasaitis, Boilermaker Race Director. "With a bit more of a mile to go Nikki and the drums should really get the adrenalin pumping for that final stretch."
The 35th running of the Boilermaker Road Race will be taking place on Sunday, July 8, 2012.
- Boilermaker Open Registration to Begin on Saturday at Noon
- Comets and Boilermaker Join Forces to Collect Sports Equipment for Utica Youth
- Boilermaker Adds Community Development Coordinator View More
- Comets and Boilermaker Distribute Sports Equipment to Local Youth
- Comets and Boilermaker to Distribute Sports Equipment to Local Youth
- Boilermaker Announces 2017 Charity Bib Partners, Run for U Campaign View More
- Registration Information
- MVCC and The Boilermaker celebrate latest renovation of College's Utica campus walking track
- 2016 Sitrin Wheelchair Challenge Winner Receives Racing Wheelchair
- West Utica OktoberFarmFest Announced
- Boilermaker Charity Bib Total Hits New Heights
- Excellus Confers Corporate Cup Awards
- Griffo Secures $50,000 for Boilermaker Road Race
- Boilermaker Previews 2015 Charity Bib Program
- Boilermaker Brings Back Boolermaker
- Boilermaker Announces 2014 Charity Bib Program
- Boilermaker Signs Contract to Sell Building, Plans Relocation to West Utica
- 2014 Boilermaker Logo Unveiled