2010 Boilermaker Logo Unveiled
(Jul. 17, 2009)
July 17, 2009 (Utica, NY) — Boilermaker officials have revealed the Boilermaker logo for 2010. John Stewart, art director at the F.X. Matt Brewing Co., designed the emblem for next year which was first showcased at the Post-Race Party on July 12, following the 15k race.
Tim Reed, executive director of the Boilermaker, approached Stewart earlier this summer and asked him for his assistance in creating the new logo. Based on the relationship between the brewery and the Boilermaker, Stewart accepted.
"We wanted someone who had experience with mass media marketing and was also familiar with the sights and sounds of the Boilermaker," Reed said. "This logo precisely fits our needs. I'm glad John was able to assist us with this project and want to thank him for all his hard work."
Enamored by last year's logo, Stewart utilized the running arms, tweaked and toyed with the text, incorporated his own ideas, and pushed for a flashier, visible look.
Born and raised in Oneida County, Stewart spent some time in Florida before returning back to the Mohawk Valley. Stewart has been with the brewery for more than two years but has been surrounded by graphic art his whole life. At Saranac, Stewart is the key player in any design that may appear on product packaging, labels, or billboards.
"I'm thrilled to be the creator of the new Boilermaker logo," Stewart said. "This is a chance to receive worldwide exposure, so I'm very excited. I used my knowledge of graphic design as well as the effectiveness of past logos to develop the final product. I hope everyone appreciates the logo for 2010."View Recent Press
- Boilermaker President Steps Down, Search for Successor Under Way
- Boilermaker Urban Initiative Press Opportunities
- Boilermaker Charity Bib Reception Set for Tomorrow
- The Stanley to Host Roast and Toast of Boilermaker President Tim Reed
- Boilermaker Presents Check to United Way
- UFD Wins Boilermaker Police and Firefighter Competition Again
- Registration Information
- MVCC and The Boilermaker celebrate latest renovation of College's Utica campus walking track
- 2016 Sitrin Wheelchair Challenge Winner Receives Racing Wheelchair View More