National Anthem Contest to Select Boilermaker Event Singers
(May. 26, 2009)
May 26, 2009 (Utica, NY) — The Boilermaker Road Race will hold its annual National Anthem Competition on Saturday, June 20 from 10 a.m. until 12 noon in the auditorium of the Masonic Care Community. The contest winners will be awarded the honor of singing our nation's song at a Boilermaker function, with the top winner being featured at the famous Post-Race party in front of a crowd of 45,000.
Participants must perform an a cappella version of the National Anthem within one minute and thirty-five seconds. A panel of local music professionals will judge the contestants.
"We always have a wonderful turnout for this event," said Tim Reed, executive director of the Boilermaker. "This is one of the many opportunities that we offer to allow local citizens to become involved with our events. I just love seeing how proud these performers are when they have concluded their piece; it is very rewarding knowing that we can provide them with a platform to showcase their talent."
The audition is free and open to the public. The winning performers will sing at various Boilermaker events including: Youth Olympics, Youth Run, 3-Mile Walk, 5k Run, and Post-Race Party, Volunteer Party, and Mile Run. To register, contact Mary MacEnroe, public relations director of the Boilermaker, at (315) 797-5838 or email@example.com.View Recent Press
- Boilermaker President Steps Down, Search for Successor Under Way
- Boilermaker Urban Initiative Press Opportunities
- Boilermaker Charity Bib Reception Set for Tomorrow
- The Stanley to Host Roast and Toast of Boilermaker President Tim Reed
- Boilermaker Presents Check to United Way
- UFD Wins Boilermaker Police and Firefighter Competition Again
- Registration Information
- MVCC and The Boilermaker celebrate latest renovation of College's Utica campus walking track
- 2016 Sitrin Wheelchair Challenge Winner Receives Racing Wheelchair View More