Boilermaker Youth Olympics A Hit
(Jul. 19, 2010)
UTICA, NY (July 19, 2010)- After a week delay due to temperature concerns, the Boilermaker Youth Olympics kicked off Thursday afternoon at Proctor Park to a great reception, as young athletes from around the region participated in a variety of fun games.
Some of the sports featured at this year's competition included baseball, basketball, and kickball, as well as the third annual Youth Triathlon. Food and other entertainment were also provided for participants to enjoy.
"The Youth Olympics are fun, free, and promote fitness," Boilermaker Executive Director Tim Reed said. "These games are an important part of the Boilermaker experience and are perfectly in line with our ideal of maintaining a healthy lifestyle."
The event's annual poster contest celebrating our community was won by Our Lady of Lourdes Summer Youth Program.
The winners of the Third Annual Youth Triathlon were:
Competitor Group Age 10: Ashley Kim and Michael Vecchio
Competitor Group Age 11: Ryan Chow, Seth Garrett and Allison Garrett
Competitor Group Age 12-13: Vinnie LoConti, 13, Noah Jones, 13, and Mitchell Zasa, 13.
View Recent Press
- Boilermaker President Steps Down, Search for Successor Under Way
- Boilermaker Urban Initiative Press Opportunities
- Boilermaker Charity Bib Reception Set for Tomorrow
- The Stanley to Host Roast and Toast of Boilermaker President Tim Reed
- Boilermaker Presents Check to United Way
- UFD Wins Boilermaker Police and Firefighter Competition Again
- Registration Information
- MVCC and The Boilermaker celebrate latest renovation of College's Utica campus walking track
- 2016 Sitrin Wheelchair Challenge Winner Receives Racing Wheelchair View More