15K Over 6,100
(Mar. 28, 2011)
Utica N.Y. (March 28th 2011)- In an effort to keep local runners aware of registration for the 2011 Boilermaker updated numbers will be forwarded to local media outlets weekly.
This year a registration cap has been set for both the 15k and 5k races. The cap is set for 13,000 runners for the 15k and 4,000 for the 5k. The 3-Mile Walk which takes place Saturday, July 9th will not be capped.
To date, 6,103 have signed up for the 15k, while 700 are registered for the 5k. Last year at this time 1,510 runners were signed up for the 15k and 188 for the 5k.
On Wednesday April 6th at noon the Boilermaker, in conjunction with the American Heart Association, will be celebrating National Start Walking Day. The public is invited to participate in a one mile walk commencing at Utica City Hall. There will be both entertainment and light refreshments at the conclusion of the walk.
The downloadable PDF for people wanting to sign up via paper is now available at boilermaker.com. Also, paper applications will be available during normal business hours at the Distance Running Hall of Fame offices located at 114 Genesee Street, Utica.
Due to recent credit card standards, credit card transactions cannot be accepted for registration by paper. In addition, a two dollar paper processing fee will be charged.
The 34th running of the Boilermaker will take place Sunday, July 10th 2011.View Recent Press
- Boilermaker President Steps Down, Search for Successor Under Way
- Boilermaker Urban Initiative Press Opportunities
- Boilermaker Charity Bib Reception Set for Tomorrow
- The Stanley to Host Roast and Toast of Boilermaker President Tim Reed
- Boilermaker Presents Check to United Way
- UFD Wins Boilermaker Police and Firefighter Competition Again
- Registration Information
- MVCC and The Boilermaker celebrate latest renovation of College's Utica campus walking track
- 2016 Sitrin Wheelchair Challenge Winner Receives Racing Wheelchair View More