Numbers Continue to Climb, Training Shirts On-Line
(Apr. 19, 2011)
Utica N.Y. (April 18th 2011)- On June 2nd 2010 registrants for the 33rd Boilermaker 15k Road Race hovered around 8,100; the 34th has hit that number on April 18th. 'Clearly the announcement of the caps have created a sense of urgency among the running community' Said Race Director Jim Stasaitis. 'The only question is the day we hit 13,000 registrants.'
The 5k, like the 15k, has seen a tremendous growth over last year's numbers. Currently 966 have signed up to be a part of the 4,000 person field; last year at this time it was 255. This year will mark two significant changes for the 5k Race. For the first time the race will be scored recognizing the top three male and female finishers. Secondly, the start time of the 5k has been moved from 7:30 to 7:15 am to ensure time spacing between 5k runners and 15k wheelchair finishers.
Boilermaker training shirts are now for sale at boilermaker.com. Featuring a moisture management microfiber these 'tech tees' are available in both men's and women's cuts/ colors.
- Boilermaker President Steps Down, Search for Successor Under Way
- Boilermaker Urban Initiative Press Opportunities
- Boilermaker Charity Bib Reception Set for Tomorrow
- The Stanley to Host Roast and Toast of Boilermaker President Tim Reed
- Boilermaker Presents Check to United Way
- UFD Wins Boilermaker Police and Firefighter Competition Again
- Registration Information
- MVCC and The Boilermaker celebrate latest renovation of College's Utica campus walking track
- 2016 Sitrin Wheelchair Challenge Winner Receives Racing Wheelchair View More