Boilermaker 5K Hits All Time Record
(Jun. 10, 2011)
Utica N.Y. (June 10, 2011) - This week the Boilermaker 5K Race reached its largest registration in its ten year history. In 2010, the previous largest field boasted 2,991 runners; currently this year's registration stands at over 3,150.
Both the 15k and 5k races will be capped this year at 13,000 and 4,000 respectively; the 15k hit its cap in May.
"In the past we have had the ability to signing up runners up until the last minute for the 5k" said Tim Reed executive director of the Boilermaker"however, between regular sign ups and people wanting to drop down from the 15k I seriously doubt we'll have that luxury this year."
This year the start time of the 5k Race was changed from 7:30am to 7:15am. In addition, the 5k's designation was changed from a run to a race meaning the race will award medals to the top three male and female winners.View Recent Press
- Boilermaker President Steps Down, Search for Successor Under Way
- Boilermaker Urban Initiative Press Opportunities
- Boilermaker Charity Bib Reception Set for Tomorrow
- The Stanley to Host Roast and Toast of Boilermaker President Tim Reed
- Boilermaker Presents Check to United Way
- UFD Wins Boilermaker Police and Firefighter Competition Again
- Registration Information
- MVCC and The Boilermaker celebrate latest renovation of College's Utica campus walking track
- 2016 Sitrin Wheelchair Challenge Winner Receives Racing Wheelchair View More