Corporate Cup Camaraderie
(Aug. 4, 2011)
August 4, 2011(Utica NY)- The F.X. Brewery 1888 Tavern, located not far from the Boilermaker Finish Line, was the site of the 2011 Boilermaker Corporate Cup Awards sponsored by Excellus BlueCross BlueShield.
This year's Corporate Cup field was comprised of sixty seven teams with seven hundred thirty six runners. Twenty six awards were handed out to the various teams.
Receiving the award for fastest overall time was Michael Rutledge who ran a blistering fifty two minutes thirty four seconds for the 15k and was also a member of Bassett Healthcare who placed first in the Coed- Large Division.
"I've run with the Bassett team for ten years," said Mike. "It's a great opportunity to build up personal strength as well as team spirit."
The Corporate Cup has been sponsored by Excellus BlueCross BlueShield for three years.
"The Corporate Cup is a natural fit for the health plan," said Eve Van de Wal, regional president of Excellus BlueCross BlueShield. "It gives us the opportunity to promote health and fitness, while also supporting nonprofit organizations that share our mission of making our community a better place to live. And our employees are as enthusiastic about the Corporate Cup as I am. Now, if we could only win our division!"
Three, five hundred dollar grants, were awarded by a random drawing of charities chosen by each of the teams. This year's winners were Susan G. Koman for the Cure, the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, and the Masonic Care Community.
"While we were down two teams from 2010 our overall numbers jumped," said Cosmo Castellano, Director of the Corporate Cup. "What was even more exciting was to see the influx of younger runners; that's how events like this will continue to grow."View Recent Press
- Boilermaker President Steps Down, Search for Successor Under Way
- Boilermaker Urban Initiative Press Opportunities
- Boilermaker Charity Bib Reception Set for Tomorrow
- The Stanley to Host Roast and Toast of Boilermaker President Tim Reed
- Boilermaker Presents Check to United Way
- UFD Wins Boilermaker Police and Firefighter Competition Again
- Registration Information
- MVCC and The Boilermaker celebrate latest renovation of College's Utica campus walking track
- 2016 Sitrin Wheelchair Challenge Winner Receives Racing Wheelchair View More