Nik Back to Rock the Boilermaker House
(May. 17, 2012)
May 17, 2012 (Utica NY) - After a one-year hiatus, Nik and The Nice Guys are returning to rock the 2012 Boilermaker Post Race Party. "We are excited to bring our high-energy show back to Utica" said Gary Webb, President of Nik Entertainment Inc.. "This has always been one of our favorite gigs."
Nik and The Nice Guys have performed at numerous sporting events such as the Super Bowl, and summer and winter Olympics.
"The band loves this event so much that rumor has it some might be running in either the 5 or 15k races prior to performing" said Tim Reed, Executive Director of the Boilermaker.
In a break with tradition a local band will be opening for Nik in the 8-9 a.m. timeslot. "With the amount of 5k race runners in the Post Race area at that time we saw a great opportunity to feature some local talent" said Sarah Marris who is coordinating the choice of the band.
The 35th running of the Boilermaker Road Race will take place on July 8, 2012. A combined total of 18,000 runners will participate in this year's 5& 15k races.
- Boilermaker President Steps Down, Search for Successor Under Way
- Boilermaker Urban Initiative Press Opportunities
- Boilermaker Charity Bib Reception Set for Tomorrow
- The Stanley to Host Roast and Toast of Boilermaker President Tim Reed
- Boilermaker Presents Check to United Way
- UFD Wins Boilermaker Police and Firefighter Competition Again
- Registration Information
- MVCC and The Boilermaker celebrate latest renovation of College's Utica campus walking track
- 2016 Sitrin Wheelchair Challenge Winner Receives Racing Wheelchair View More