Boilermaker Back to Afghanistan
(Jun. 4, 2012)
June 4, 2012 (Utica NY) - For the fifth time a run mimicking the Boilermaker Road Race will take place on foreign soil. "We received a request for support of a shadow run by local troops currently deployed in western Afghanistan" said Tim Reed, executive director of the Boilermaker. "Obviously we are thrilled to help out in any way we can." In past years three races have taken place in Iraq and one in Afghanistan.
A start finish line banner will be provided by Seifert Graphics and runners bibs and camouflage tee shirts sent by the Boilermaker. On the back off the shirt will be the words'6,500 miles away; 9.3 to go'. Logistical support to get the product to the troops is to be provided by Mohawk Global.
A special commemorative limited edition tee shirt to honor the event will be sold at the Boilermaker Expo to be held at MVCC on July 6th and 7th.
- Boilermaker President Steps Down, Search for Successor Under Way
- Boilermaker Urban Initiative Press Opportunities
- Boilermaker Charity Bib Reception Set for Tomorrow
- The Stanley to Host Roast and Toast of Boilermaker President Tim Reed
- Boilermaker Presents Check to United Way
- UFD Wins Boilermaker Police and Firefighter Competition Again
- Registration Information
- MVCC and The Boilermaker celebrate latest renovation of College's Utica campus walking track
- 2016 Sitrin Wheelchair Challenge Winner Receives Racing Wheelchair View More