Boilermaker Announces 2014 Charity Bib Program
(Dec. 31, 2013)
Jan. 3, 2014 (Utica, NY)- The Boilermaker will again be offering runners the opportunity to both guarantee a slot for the 2014 race while doing something good for local charities. In 2013, the race introduced the Charity Bib Program that raised over $105,000 for ten not for profits.
New this year, Charity Bib Runners will have the opportunity to sign up two weeks prior to opening of general registration. Charity signups will open on Saturday March 8, 2014 at noon (EST), general registration will open Saturday March 22, 2014 at noon (EST). Runners who commit to becoming a Charity Bib Runner must raise a minimum of $500 for their selected charity. Similar to last year, the Boilermaker will be making 200 bibs available to support the Charity Bib Program. The bibs are available for the 15 & 5k races as well as the Three Mile Walk.
Prizes will be offered to runners who are top money raisers.
Organizations selected will be in charge of the administration of the program including the collection of pledge money. In addition, they must have a physical presence in Central New York and align with the mission of the Boilermaker.
'We are excited to partner with fellow not for profits to make our community a better place', said Tim Reed, president of the Boilermaker Road Race. 'Programs like this strengthen both worthy organizations as well as the runner.'
Charities that are interested in participating can email email@example.com to apply for an application. Completed applications must be received by January 31, 2014. Charities selected to participate will be announced at the end of February.
The 37th running of the Boilermaker Road Race will take place Sunday, July 13, 2014View Recent Press
- Boilermaker President Steps Down, Search for Successor Under Way
- Boilermaker Urban Initiative Press Opportunities
- Boilermaker Charity Bib Reception Set for Tomorrow
- The Stanley to Host Roast and Toast of Boilermaker President Tim Reed
- Boilermaker Presents Check to United Way
- UFD Wins Boilermaker Police and Firefighter Competition Again
- Registration Information
- MVCC and The Boilermaker celebrate latest renovation of College's Utica campus walking track
- 2016 Sitrin Wheelchair Challenge Winner Receives Racing Wheelchair View More