Boilermaker Mile Cancelled
(Jun. 22, 2014)
(Utica, NY)- The Boilermaker Mile scheduled to debut on July 8th has been cancelled but to lack of participation. 'We had expected a couple of hundred runners to sign up for the event but by the deadline only had a handful register' said Tim Reed, president of the Boilermaker Road Race. 'While it's disappointing, we are committed to trying again next year.'
The event, formerly called The Road Runner Mile, was focused on top high school/ college milers from the area. The run was to take place at F.T. Proctor Park. 'The reformulated mile event was more to focus on getting everyday community members involved' said Ted Petrillo, Boilermaker Mile Race Director. 'We will refund the entry fee to those that signed up.'
####View Recent Press
- Boilermaker President Steps Down, Search for Successor Under Way
- Boilermaker Urban Initiative Press Opportunities
- Boilermaker Charity Bib Reception Set for Tomorrow
- The Stanley to Host Roast and Toast of Boilermaker President Tim Reed
- Boilermaker Presents Check to United Way
- UFD Wins Boilermaker Police and Firefighter Competition Again
- Registration Information
- MVCC and The Boilermaker celebrate latest renovation of College's Utica campus walking track
- 2016 Sitrin Wheelchair Challenge Winner Receives Racing Wheelchair View More