M&T Bank to Motivate Runners through Hardest Part of the Boilermaker
(Jul. 7, 2014)
UTICA, N.Y.—In preparation of its 37st running, the Boilermaker Road Race is pleased to unveil the addition of the 'M&T Mile' to the 2014 race to be held Sunday, July 13.
M&T Bank will host a mile-long cheer zone for spectators on the 8th mile mark on Whitesboro Street. M&T will distribute cowbells to support cheering efforts while offering music and water to provide a comfortable and entertaining atmosphere.
"The Boilermaker has become a premier event for the Utica community, attracting runners from across the country, and all over the world," said Allen J. Naples, Central New York regional president at M&T Bank. "We look to forward to joining our customers and neighbors in the excitement, and hope the M&T Mile gives participants added encouragement to cross the finish line."
"The final stretch of the course can be very challenging for our participants," said Tim Reed, president of the Boilermaker. "We know the runners will appreciate the efforts of M&T to make this mile one to look forward to—not one to dread."
About Boilermaker Road Race
The Boilermaker Road Race, run in Utica New York is one of the largest 15k road races in North America. Celebrating its 37th year in existence; over 250,000 runners have participated in the Boilermaker.
About M&T Bank
Founded in 1856, M&T Bank Corp. (www.mtb.com) is one of the 20 largest U.S. commercial bank holding companies, with more than 700 branch offices and 1,500 ATMs in New York, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, Virginia, West Virginia and Washington, D.C.
- Boilermaker President Steps Down, Search for Successor Under Way
- Boilermaker Urban Initiative Press Opportunities
- Boilermaker Charity Bib Reception Set for Tomorrow
- The Stanley to Host Roast and Toast of Boilermaker President Tim Reed
- Boilermaker Presents Check to United Way
- UFD Wins Boilermaker Police and Firefighter Competition Again
- Registration Information
- MVCC and The Boilermaker celebrate latest renovation of College's Utica campus walking track
- 2016 Sitrin Wheelchair Challenge Winner Receives Racing Wheelchair View More