Boilermaker to Fund Footsteps for Finley
(May. 21, 2015)
This year's participant in the Wal-Mart 3 Mile Walk will be doing more than practicing a healthy activity: they'll be helping 3 year old Finley Sanchez's mission.
Finley was born with Congenital Muscular Dystrophy (CMD) a disease that attacks a child's muscular system. At present there is no cure.
The Sanchez family created 'Footsteps for Finley' that funds research on CMD. Finley's CrowdRise page has raised to date nearly $7,000.
'Finley's story immediately touched our heart' said Marie Seiselmyer, 3 Mile Walk Coordinator. 'No child should have to suffer such a terrible disease.'
The 3 Mile Walk will take place at the Masonic Care Community on Saturday July 11, 2015 stepping off at 10:30 AM. Entry fee is $15 and people can register at boilermaker.com, at the Planet Fitness Expo at Mohawk Valley Community College (MVCC) on Friday July 10th or at Masonic Care Community the day of the event.
Participants will receive a commemorative pint glass, finishers pin, a cookout and musical entertainment.
'It is such a blessing to have Cure CMD chosen as the official charity of the walk' said Finley's mother, Ashley. 'We will be Finley's legs as he will fill our hearts.'View Recent Press
- Boilermaker President Steps Down, Search for Successor Under Way
- Boilermaker Urban Initiative Press Opportunities
- Boilermaker Charity Bib Reception Set for Tomorrow
- The Stanley to Host Roast and Toast of Boilermaker President Tim Reed
- Boilermaker Presents Check to United Way
- UFD Wins Boilermaker Police and Firefighter Competition Again
- Registration Information
- MVCC and The Boilermaker celebrate latest renovation of College's Utica campus walking track
- 2016 Sitrin Wheelchair Challenge Winner Receives Racing Wheelchair View More