Boilermaker Charity Bib Total Hits New Heights
(Aug. 19, 2015)
The Boilermaker Road Race Offices, overlooking the Boilermaker Finish line, was a fitting venue for the Boilermaker Charity Bib Finale. Twenty one local not for profits were the recipients of over 200 Boilermaker racing slots for this year's race that were made available to runners raising a minimum of $500 for one of the agencies. The cumulative total of all the funds raised was over $152,000. In three years the Boilermaker has raised over $400,000 with charity bibs. Forty one runners raised over $1,000 gaining them entry to the finale event.
"The Charity Bib Program is an initiative that totally fits within the mission of the Boilermaker" said Tim Reed, president of the Boilermaker. "Like the race, this effort is driven by people who want to make a difference in our community."
One of the charitable organizations in this year's class was Masonic Care Community.
"Masonic Care Community was so thankful to be chosen as a charity bib recipient for the first time this year," said Victoria Cataldo, director of development Masonic Care Community. "As a large employer in the area that values employee wellness it was a great way for us to help support our employees who wanted to participate and engage new donors, while raising funds needed to support a program designed to enhance the mental wellness of our residents."
Other charities involved in this year's Charity Bib Program were: Masonic Medical Research Lab, CNY Veterans Outreach Center, Food Bank of CNY, Central Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired, Make-A-Wish, Friends of the ARC Foundation, ACR Health, Sitrin Health Care Center, Juvenile Diabetes of CNY, West Side Senior Center, Utica Food Bank, Notre Dame School, United Cerebral Palsy, YWCA Mohawk Valley, Mid York Library System, Prader Willi Alliance of New York, ARC of Onondaga County, the Salvation Army of Utica and the Kelberman Center.View Recent Press
- Boilermaker President Steps Down, Search for Successor Under Way
- Boilermaker Urban Initiative Press Opportunities
- Boilermaker Charity Bib Reception Set for Tomorrow
- The Stanley to Host Roast and Toast of Boilermaker President Tim Reed
- Boilermaker Presents Check to United Way
- UFD Wins Boilermaker Police and Firefighter Competition Again
- Registration Information
- MVCC and The Boilermaker celebrate latest renovation of College's Utica campus walking track
- 2016 Sitrin Wheelchair Challenge Winner Receives Racing Wheelchair View More