Boilermaker Bussing Out To Flint
(Aug. 9, 2016)
In a show of solidarity with the city of Flint Michigan the Boilermaker will be sending a busload of runners to run the Crim Road Race. Flint made nationwide headlines earlier in the year when high levels of lead were detected in the city's water system as a result of pumping water from the Flint River.
In early February the Boilermaker participated in a bottled water drive inspired by WIBX 950 radio show host Bill Keeler. The result of the two week effort generated 143,000 bottles of water to the beleaguered city of 104,000.
The Crim Festival of Races, consisting of 5k/8k/10 mile runs and various walks, will be having its 40th running in Flint on Saturday August 27, 2016.
"The Crim in Flint, like the Boilermaker in Utica, is one of those events that makes the local folks have tremendous pride in their city" said Tim Reed, president of the Boilermaker Road Race. "We are excited to celebrate the resilience of the City of Flint and run 'the Boilermaker of the Midwest'."
Runners will be transported via Birnie Bus luxury coach bus.
The bus will leave from the Birnie Bus headquarters located at Griffiths Business Park, Rome at 8:00 AM Friday August 26th with an expected return at 10:00 PM Saturday August 27th. Overnight parking is available.
Those planning on running need to register at: http://crim.org/races-events/crim/registration/
People do not need to participate to go on the trip.
There are currently 30 seats available on the bus. There is a $50 charge for the trip exclusive of race registration. Included with the trip are sleeping accommodations on Friday and a limited edition tee shirt and lightweight jacket with the logo "Boilermaker Nation Crims for Flint". Participants must be signed up by August 17th to receive the tee shirt and jacket.
Those interested in participating can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (315) 797-5838 for more information.
View Recent Press
- Boilermaker President Steps Down, Search for Successor Under Way
- Boilermaker Urban Initiative Press Opportunities
- Boilermaker Charity Bib Reception Set for Tomorrow
- The Stanley to Host Roast and Toast of Boilermaker President Tim Reed
- Boilermaker Presents Check to United Way
- UFD Wins Boilermaker Police and Firefighter Competition Again
- Registration Information
- MVCC and The Boilermaker celebrate latest renovation of College's Utica campus walking track
- 2016 Sitrin Wheelchair Challenge Winner Receives Racing Wheelchair View More