Boilermaker Announces Open Registration for 2017 Erie Canal Half Marathon
(Feb. 6, 2017)
February 6, 2017 (Utica, NY) - The Boilermaker Road Race is now conducting open registration for the Erie Canal Half. The race will take place on the morning of Sunday, May 21st and consist of multiple events including a half marathon, two-person relay, a 5k run and a kid's run on Saturday. All events will start and finish in Utica's vibrant Bagg's Square neighborhood, including a post-race party on Sunday. The race's presenting sponsor is Commercial Traveler's Mutual Insurance Company, a Bagg's Square resident since for over 120 years.
The weekend's festivities will kick-off on Saturday, May 20th with an expo and kid's run hosted by A&P Master Images on Water Street. For more information on the Erie Canal Race and its events, including how to register, visit eriecanalhalf.com.
2017 serves as an important anniversary year for both the Erie Canal and the Boilermaker Road Race, marking 40 years of "Utica's world famous race" and 200 years since the start of construction on the Erie Canal. The Boilermaker is conducting the Erie Canal Half as a celebration of Utica heritage centered around Bagg's Square, the city's oldest neighborhood and a promising area of redevelopment in recent years.
The 40th running of the Boilermaker Road Race will take place on Sunday, July 9th, 2017.View Recent Press
- Boilermaker President Steps Down, Search for Successor Under Way
- Boilermaker Urban Initiative Press Opportunities
- Boilermaker Charity Bib Reception Set for Tomorrow
- The Stanley to Host Roast and Toast of Boilermaker President Tim Reed
- Boilermaker Presents Check to United Way
- UFD Wins Boilermaker Police and Firefighter Competition Again
- Registration Information
- MVCC and The Boilermaker celebrate latest renovation of College's Utica campus walking track
- 2016 Sitrin Wheelchair Challenge Winner Receives Racing Wheelchair View More