Boilermaker, Sodexo Raise $3,000 for United Way
(Jul. 26, 2018)
Photo L - R, Chris Cooley, Cindy Dardano (Buffet Coordinator), Bridget Parke (Sodexo), Erin Gutierrez Matt, Jordan Davies (United Way), Mark Donovan (Boilermaker President)
The Boilermaker Pasta Buffet, in partnership with Sodexo, proved once again to be a winner during Boilermaker Weekend by raising $3,000 for United Way of the Valley and Greater Utica Area. The 2018 Pasta Buffet, now in its 21st year, was held on Saturday, July 7th at The Fitness Mill Health and Wellness Expo on the MVCC Campus. The buffet is available to both runners and non-runners alike. Offerings include a variety of pastas, tempting sauces and fresh made meatballs as well as tossed salad, rolls, desserts and beverages.
"This event helps United Way fund solutions that help 1 in 4 people right here in our community," said Erin Gutierrez Matt, CEO and Executive Director of United Way of the Valley and Greater Utica Area. "We are so thankful for the Boilermaker Road Race, Sodexo, the volunteers and those who join us for the meal before the big race to make this possible."
An added bonus is the contribution of the talented Chris Cooley who, at 16 years old, has entertained crowds at the expo with his wailing guitar and contemporary songs for the past five years. Chris' guitar case quickly fills up with dollar bills which he donates to United Way. This year he brought in $116.79 during the hour he played.
The 41st running of the Boilermaker Road Race took place on Sunday, July 8th, 2018.View Recent Press
- Boilermaker President Steps Down, Search for Successor Under Way
- Boilermaker Urban Initiative Press Opportunities
- Boilermaker Charity Bib Reception Set for Tomorrow
- The Stanley to Host Roast and Toast of Boilermaker President Tim Reed
- Boilermaker Presents Check to United Way
- UFD Wins Boilermaker Police and Firefighter Competition Again
- Registration Information
- MVCC and The Boilermaker celebrate latest renovation of College's Utica campus walking track
- 2016 Sitrin Wheelchair Challenge Winner Receives Racing Wheelchair View More