The Boilermaker - More Than a Race!
The Annual Boilermaker Road Race is held the second Sunday in July but it is so much more than a race. We are committed to the continued growth and support of Community Outreach programs in our area throughout the whole year.
The Boilermakers mission is to change people's lives in a positive way. We use our various running events to provide people the opportunity to use the sport of road racing as a pathway to physical & mental fitness.
Through our various Community Outreach programs, it is our mission as advocates of this region to create and implement collaborative initiatives to promote a healthier community.
Our current community outreach programs are listed here:
The Boilermaker Community Garden is a multi-agency collaboration. Youth from the Utica area assist in planting, nurturing and harvesting the garden. This youth-based community garden offers the opportunity for discovery, learning and experience through doing. This experience promotes teamwork, organization, planning, problem-solving along with math, science and communication skills.
Sponsored by the Utica National Insurance Group, the Kids Run takes place Saturday of Boilermaker Week. Between 1,600-1,800 children between the ages of 4-12 participate in an untimed, age appropriate run. Run distances range between ¼ up to 1 mile, including is a special needs heat. Every child is given a tee shirt, commemorative gift and healthy snacks at the conclusion of the run.
There is no cost to participants.
Capturing the excitement of Halloween and disguising fitness as fun brings the Boolermaker to life! "Where being fit isn't scary" this untimed Halloween-themed run gives children of all ages the opportunity to engage in some healthy, safe activities and nutritious treats.
There is no cost to participants.
The Charity Bib program is designed to marry the missions of a select group of Central New York nonprofits with the Boilermakers flagship race events on Boilermaker Weekend by offering a limited number of bibs for either the 5K & 15K at no cost to each organization. Each organization is then able to find participants who each commit to raise a minimum of $500 in order to receive one of their allotted bibs. Any & all monies are raised and collected by each organization to be used to support their individual missions. Since its inception, this program has raised over $600,000 for the respective Charity Bib partners.
As you complete this application, please keep the following in mind:
- Applications much be received by the Boilermaker by February 7, 2020
- Organizations selected will be responsible for finding participants, managing the fundraising process & progress, and collecting any raised funds.
- Organizations must communicate to the Boilermaker the status of each of their bib participants fundraising.
- Any raised funds must be used for specific purposes and cannot be put into general foundation or administration use. You will be asked to report on how the funds were used / allocated at the conclusion.
- Any Charity Bib participant that does not reach the committed minimum of $500 prior to Boilermaker Weekend will not be eligible to receive their bib.
- The decisions in the selection of Charity Bib Partners are determined by an independent committee and are final.
To be considered, please complete the form by February 7, 2020.
Click here to apply!