The Boilermaker’s Corporate Cup Competition presented by Excellus BlueCross BlueShield is a “race within a race.” 15K runners can join their workplace’s team and then compete against other workplace teams in the following categories:
- All-Male Small Team (1 to 250 employees)
- All-Male Medium Team (251 to 1,000 employees)
- All-Male Large Team (over 1,000 employees)
- All-Female Team (any number of employees)
- Coed Small Team (1 to 250 employees)
- Coed Medium Team (251 to 1,000 employees)
- Coed Large Team (over 1,000 employees)
- Masters Team (all members must be 40 years of age or older)
- Open Team (Coed, any size company)
Large and Medium teams require a minimum of five runners. Small, Masters, Female, and Open teams require at least three runners. The Corporate Cup Program is only for the 15K Race. You cannot join a Corporate Cup Team as a 5K runner.
The fastest five runners on Large and Medium teams and the fastest three runners on Small, Masters, Female, and Open Teams are used to calculate the team’s score. The team with the fastest average time wins!
What Are the Perks of the Corporate Cup Program?
The Corporate Cup Program is completely FREE, thanks to support from Excellus BlueCross BlueShield.
All participants receive an exclusive custom mug for participating in the program, which can be picked up at the Health & Wellness Expo presented by MVHS in the Performance Gym. All participants are also invited to an awards reception after the race.
How Do I Join a Corporate Cup Team?
The process for joining the Boilermaker’s Corporate Cup Competition presented by Excellus BlueCross BlueShield has changed for 2023. Please read carefully.
For the first time, you will be able to join a Corporate Cup team during registration. We have pre-populated RunSignUp with every workplace that has ever participated in the program.
Register for a Corporate Cup Team
- Begin your registration as usual. At the bottom of the first registration screen (below “Choose Your Event(s)”) you’ll see “Would you like to join a Corporate Cup Team?” Select Yes.
- Sign the waiver.
- The next screen is where you’ll choose your team. Using either the dropdown box or the search bar, find your employer and select them. Click Continue.
- If you cannot find your employer, scroll all the way to the bottom of the dropdown box and select “My Employer Is Not Listed” (or type “My Employer Is Not Listed” into the search bar). We will reach out to you to get your company set up as a Corporate Cup Team.
- Continue through the rest of the process and complete your registration.
Have Questions about the Boilermaker’s Corporate Cup Program?
If you have any questions about the Corporate Cup Program, please contact us and select “Corporate Cup” as the topic.